Thanksgiving lessons

This week I learned....

  • you can get almost anything but jumping up and down in the kind of excitement only a five-year-old at Christmastime has (which I can also muster at this time of year; my dad saw me hopping joyfully around some Christmas cards at the store and said, "Anything that makes you jump and down like that, I'll buy for you." I think that only applies to Christmas things though:) )

  • Thanksgiving is better when you actually like Thanksgiving food (why I didn't like potatoes, stuffing, and turkey in past years, I do not know)

  • you can never have too many pies (especially when your sister-in-law is the pie-making champion of the world)

  • nothing brings Christmas cheer like wrapping everything in your house in Christmas paper

  • whenever I see Africans, I have to talk to them and see where they are from and if they're selling something, buy things from them

  • Temple Square gets prettier every year (or at least maintains its standard aura of glowing beauty with simple Christmas spirit)

  • if you open up a bag of mint M&Ms, you'll probably eat the whole thing

  • life keeps getting better, contrary to popular belief

I loved spending Thanksgiving with my family, reflecting on the many blessings God has given me, avoiding research papers, and seeing the lights at Temple Square with dear, beloved friends. 














And now....LET THE CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS BEGIN!

Release the elves. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I like about Indiana

And help me not to fall into the abyss...

Let Walls Fall.