Christmas Miracles

So during the month of December, I make frequent references to Christmas miracles. At least once every couple of days, I exclaim, "IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!" And even when the Christmas season is far past, I still suggest that all miracles are Christmas in nature. So here are some recent Christmas miracles in my life.

  • I got all A's except for one A- this semester, which ensures a full tuition scholarship for when I come back from my mission. This is a miracle because I scored just short of what I thought I needed on my finals to get A's. The extra Christmas spirit lingering in the air must have bumped them up.
  • My family got to be together on Christmas this year. For the first time in the three years. And for the last time in four years due to my mission and my little brother's. But we got to be together this year and it was marvelous. Logan missed out on the picture, but he was still there:)
  • I am going to Germany in 39 days. If ever a Christmas miracle happened in November, it was me getting called to the Berlin mission in Germany. Never were prayers answered so directly.
  • Money for my mission from strangers. Like the woman in my German class. People make miracles.
  • Extra time with my family before I take off for 18 months. 
  • An egg from Ukraine. Not an edible egg, but a lovely painted one from a dear friend. Letters are miracles in themselves, but such a token of friendship is the equivalent of two Christmas miracles.
Christmas miracles are everywhere, not just during the month of December, but they are one of the reasons I love Christmas so much. Every journal entry during the past month may or may not have started with "Another Christmas miracle happened today!" Because they happen. Every day. We just have to see them.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I like about Indiana

A Little Death and A Lot of Grief

And help me not to fall into the abyss...