Poetry Class

Lumps
So I'm a little lumpy
weird bumps sticking out here and there
not exactly misshapen
but a little hunched
still finding a shape
don't yet want to go through the kilm
need to decide 
what lumps to keep
for not all are usly
They just give volume
      So I'm a little lumpy.


Parts of the Story
Every time I think it's the story
the story of us
Everything shines and glitters
but the gold doesn't stay
the story ends
the parts fade.
Or try to be forgotten
Because they don't belong to the story.
Not that story.
But deep down, I know.

I know they'e still parts of the story
the story of me
My story.
Glorified, simplified, worsened, or battered
the memories are me.
Parts of the story. 


Recklessly Careful
Recklessly Careful
heart and mind collide
delicately pulling the pin
not too fast
not too slow
oops.
explosions happen all the same
messy regret
for thoughtless overthinking


Easy
Things are not so easy
       graphs, charts, spreadsheets
Mean nothing when it comes to you.
     your happiness
         your life.
Statistics are not individuals. 
Real people aren't just numbers.
It's harder than that.
To be human, it's not simple
It's unquantifiable feeling
     indescribable emotion
             unchartable.
Lines, axis, bar, and percentages melting
     Things are not so easy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I like about Indiana

And help me not to fall into the abyss...

A Little Death and A Lot of Grief