Topic: Spring Fever

Write about spring.

Spring Fever has definitely hit Provo hard this past week with our balmy 50 degree weather. Pants have turned into shorts, apartments have spewed forth their inhabitants on the front lawns where everyone wants to study, and peoples' hormones have heightened, leading to a 300% increase in relationships. I admit I love spring (yes, I do love things, and not just because Rousseau told me emotions are good). I love being outside and being able to run and play sports in short and wearing flip flops and feeling sunshine on my face and most of all, I LOVE GREEN GRASS! Is there not a more pure sign of spring than little green guys poking out from the earth? I say unto you, nay! There is something magical (yes, I also realize that I think lots of things are magical. Thank you Harry Potter) about new life (or recycled/hibernating life?) that just makes me smile.
Usually springtime means tennis too, but not this year, which is really sad for me. I actually really miss playing and in turn, I really miss playing with my best friend Marcia. I'm also going to miss running the St. Patrick's day 5k with my mom, which I've done for the past four years, and that's rough too. Nevertheless, spring is still magnificent. I admit I'm not a huge fan of the sharp increase in PDA and thus the increased awareness of those of us who are single, but as I said before, green grass solves all problems.
And that, my friends, is how I simplify life.
Release the spring fever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I like about Indiana

A Little Death and A Lot of Grief

How to feed your child and get repeatedly ill while doing it