I'm going back to my lists.
Hopefully that doesn't mean I'm regressing.
But they're safe.
I'll throw in a few paragraphs here and there if I'm feeling adventurous. With verbs and nouns and adjectives and adverbs.

So I kind of freaked out tonight when my parents ask me to make a phone call to HP about my laptop. And here would be why.
  1. I hate calling people I don't know on the phone, and sometimes people I do know. I don't like not being able to see their faces.
  2. I also feel like I'm interrupting peoples' lives, even toll free numbers where people get paid to answer phones. I don't know why, because if they didn't want to talk to me, they probably wouldn't answer the phone.
  3. I sometimes get asked questions that I don't know the answer to. Actually, many times. And not knowing answers makes me nervous. Which brings us to a psychological issue of not wanting to show weakness and frailty. And this will ultimately lead to my downfall. Possibly next week. Heck, with the way I'm going this summer, I'll be lucky if I make it until Saturday.
  4. And the last of the reasons listed here is that I don't want to grow up and having to make phone calls and ask questions and answer them means I'm entering the adult world. I don't want all that responsibility and so I tend to freak out when I realize that I have a foot in that adult world. I don't feel ready yet. But I probably never will.
I'll be happy when phones become outdated.
Then I'll have holograms to worry about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I like about Indiana

A Little Death and A Lot of Grief

And help me not to fall into the abyss...