Why I sometimes feel like a robot and how I know I'm not one

That sounds like a good title of a book.
 But here is why I've felt like a robot more days than not this summer:
  • I work all the time doing the same thing over and over again. A robot could definitely do my job. But I'm glad they hired a semi-human being like me to work.
  • I have created very few new relationships or friendships this summer. And robots don't have friends.
  • I haven't written any papers all summer. And robots can't write good papers, which is why they don't go to school.
  • I've listened to dozens of books this summer almost mechanically. And even though books are a human invention, the way I've been going through them you'd think I was a book-reading robot.
So when I'm feeling like life is kind of pointless and wondering why robots (and goldfish) even exist and where their motivational for life is, I remind myself that I'm a real human being. Here is how I know I'm not a robot:
  • I took an acryllic paint class this summer and absolutely loved it. And guess what? Robots don't paint.
  • I keep a journal. And robots don't keep journals.
  • I go running just for fun. Robots only race to win. Well, I can't imagine them exercising for fun.
  • I've had a couple surgeries to get rid of nasty, nasty warts that have infiltrated my skin (though left my soul quite intact). And as much I have detested those warts, robots don't get warts. So they prove I'm still human.

So look at that; I'm still keeping my humanity.
And shall cling to it despite robotic tendencies that sometimes surface.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Death and A Lot of Grief

How to feed your child and get repeatedly ill while doing it

The ninth month, birth, and postpartum