12 Days Towards Christmas

Christmas joy continues unabated. 
Oh, except for the fact that thousands of pages of research papers and last-minute assignments plus the growing dread of finals threatened to destroy that precious, pure Christmas bliss. 
Also, probably not a thousand pages. But more than a smattering. 

I know...lame Christmas selfie.
However with the help of my minions (a.k.a. my magical elves who camouflage themselves as snowflake stickers and help me plan holiday cheer), I have been able to conquer the anti-Christmas stress that sucks away 67% of all college students' joy. 

They also helped me write this song-parody-thing. Which is really me just trying to make finals and papers more Christmathemed. you have to go back to the previous statement for completeness because what kind of person writes out this whole song anyways?


"12 days towards Christmas"

On the first day towards Christmas, my professors gave to me
assignments that were no cup of tea

On the second day towards Christmas my professors gave to me
two reviewing tests

On the third day towards Christmas, my professors gave to me
three lengthy papers
lame Christmas selfie #2 when the elves went
a little overboard...

On the fourth day towards Christmas, my professors gave to me
four empty blue books*

On the fifth day towards Christmas, my professors gave to me
FIVE STUDY GUIDES

On the sixth day towards Christmas, my professors gave to me
six random terms

On the seventh day towards Christmas, my professors gave to me
seven ways to fail

On the eighth day towards Christmas my professors gave to me
eight last-minute readings

On the ninth day towards Christmas, my professors gave to me
nine reasons to panic

On the tenth day towards Christmas, my professors gave to me
ten study tips

On the eleventh day towards Christmas, my professors gave to me
eleven stern reminders

On the twelfth day towards Christmas, my professors gave to me
twelve essay questions


*The medium with which history students use to take long, written exams.

















So that's my life. For the next week still. Hand cramps, brain cramming, and intellectual vomit. With breaks of Christmas caroling, Christmas cookie making, Christmamovies, Christmas cards, Christmas stories, and other Christmas related activities.

Tis the season. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I like about Indiana

A Little Death and A Lot of Grief

How to feed your child and get repeatedly ill while doing it