Love Stories

I approve of love stories whole heartedly.
I just think we go overboard sometimes.
I've been home from BYU for over two weeks now and my social interactions in Colorado Springs have been slim to none. But I've grown so accustomed to spending a lot of time with friends all the time (they're called roommates) and attractive guys with sparkling personalities that I don't know how I was satisfied with this life before I left. Granted, I had friends at school and from sports, not to mention my bordering on unhealthy ardor for my classes at school, but my social life was at its prime during my freshmen year of college.
To make up for the lack of human friends here, I've buried myself in a myriad of books and movies.
Yes, my Jane Austen dosage has been too high. Yes, my history books have been somewhat neglected, unless they contain some kind of love story too. Don't judge. Actually, it's ok if you are judging. I probably would.
Anyways...
Love stories are great because they provide hope and you can pretend that you are a part of one and they show you that there is good in the world. With that said, we tend to overdose.
Fine, I overdose sometimes.
And the rest of the female gender.
False expectations peak and I hear girls bemoaning their "spinsterhood" at age nineteen. Oh please. Just because no Mr. Darcy, Mr. Knightly, Mr. Ferrars, or Mr. Right has swept you off your feet doesn't mean he won't come. He probably won't have a "Mr." in front of his name or be quite so regal, but he will be real, which is the most important part. And it will be your love story. More personal than any flim or book, no matter how well it's written.

Understandably, I will keep watching chick flicks like Leap Year, Confessions of a Shopaholic, and BBC's various versions of Jane Austen's books. And I will keep reading my Austen books and spin offs, plus my historical romances:) I'm reading Shannon Hale's Austenland right now and as much fun as it would be to be get lost in fantasy, real life is better. Sometimes. At least it's real. But why settle for reality....
Oh dear.

Notice how no vampires were mentioned in any of the above. They ruin every love story.

Comments

  1. Oh Claire, you care about romance stories now!!! Good job! I've taught you well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Things I like about Indiana

A Little Death and A Lot of Grief

How to feed your child and get repeatedly ill while doing it