What to do on a three day weekend. DC style.

Maybe I should be writing this on my suitcase days blog section since I did indeed take a suitcase to Washington DC, but my trip also fit into the lists that govern my life.

Not that you care about the url that you picked, but that forward was just in case you did.






I somewhat randomly decided to go to DC because...

a.) I have also wanted to go to DC
b.) though I haven't spent much time on the East Coast, I feel like part of my soul lives there (the part that isn't already in Europe that is)
c.) my mission friend Matt has been trying to convince me to move there since he moved there last summer.

So I just bought a plane ticket for one of BYU's rare three day weekends and took off.




And it was so great.
Demonstrated by my overly numerous smiley selfies and abundant thoughts of "This is so cool!" #spotthetourist



Anyways.

I loved the houses.

I loved the food.

I loved the museums (x6).

I loved the historical landmarks.

I loved the memorials.

I loved walking (though some might call 20 miles excessive).

I loved using the metro.

 
I loved running and finding cathedrals.
I loved the streets.

I loved the shops.

I loved getting a tiny taste of Americanized Europe.

I loved the trip.



So I'd call that a weekend success. And I'd give Matt Beck 5 stars as a tour guide and that same score plus 2 thumbs up plus 10 points for making me try all of the delicious food DC had to offer.



  







I think I'll make it back when I'm training for a marathon.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I like about Indiana

And help me not to fall into the abyss...

Let Walls Fall.